The collection day for both Appleton & Eaton is normally a Wednesday and the collection alternates between one week "Grey" collection and the next "Green" collection.
- "Grey week collection" is food waste and rubbish for landfill and the black bin
- "Green week collection" is food waste, recycling Green bin and (but only if you have paid for/ contracted) Brown bin garden waste
|For the KITCHEN WASTE BINS...biodegradable bin liners for sale in the Appleton Community Shop!|
REMINDERS BY TEXT MESSAGE!
|Want a free reminder about when to put your bins out when collections change because of Bank Holidays or bad weather? Send a message with the word waste and your collection day (Wednesday) to 07797 870371 and you will receive a text the day before your collection. For more information visit www.morerecycling.co.uk or call 03000 610610 (lines open between 7:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday).|
For Appleton and Eaton the Wednesday collection over 2013 Easter and May Bank Holidays will be as follows:
|Normal up to Wed 27th March 2013
|Thursday 4th April 2013||Grey waste
|Thursday 11th April 2013
|Thursday 9th May 2013||Green waste|
|Thursday 30th May 2013||Grey waste|
*Back to normal
See Link here to Bin Collections 2013 & 2014
Dog waste can go either in the dog bins provided, litter bins if securely wrapped and if residents so choose it can be put it in their dust bin. Under no circumstances should it be put in brown bins. If this is noticed by the crews the bin will not be emptied.
Normal batteries can be collected from the kerbside: please place these seperately in a clear "sandwich-type" bag and place on top of your green recycling bin. Not accepted are car, inductrial or batteries with trailing wires.
Brown Bin Service -
Collection of garden waste and cardboard. For £37.00 per year why not have your garden waste and cardboard collected by the Vale for £34.50 per year? Call 01235 520202 or visit the Vale of Whitehorse District Council website about Garden Waste on Vale Garden Waste. Collection day is the same day as the Green Waste bin, once every 2 weeks.
Garden Waste Collections: Summary of Revision of Terms & Conditions (T & C) 20/7/11: -
- Collections to be suspended for two weeks over Christmas to allow for the greater volume of seasonal waste to be collected.
- Collection of extra garden waste during a week in spring which will be publicised nearer the time through our waste calendar, Easter bin hanger and website.
- The new T&Cs will be sent to existing customers with their next invoice, or by letter if they have already renewed their contract.
- In about twelve months' time, payments will have to be made by Direct Debit, in order to reduce administrative costs.
For more information on the terms and conditions please visit the council’s website at www.whitehorsedc.gov.uk