2013: Dance Classes for girls and boys aged 3 to 18
EVERY THURSDAY IN THE APPLETON VILLAGE HALL
January 17th, 24th, 31st
NO CLASSES – February 7th or February 14th (half-term)
February 21st, 28th
March 7th, 14th, 21st
Plenty of spaces available! Please contact Lisa Buck for more information.
Dance Classes in Appleton Village Hall for girls and boys aged 3 to 18 Thursdays 3.30–6.00pm in Appleton Village Hall.
- 3:30pm – 3.45pm: Mini Tap – fifteen minute class for very young children approximately 3–6 years.
- 3:45pm – 4:00pm: Mini Modern – fifteen minute class for very young children approximately 3–6 years
- 4:00pm to 4:15pm: Junior Tap – for more advanced young tappers
- 4:15pm to 4:45pm: Junior Modern – for children approximately 7–9 years old (school Y2–Y4)
- 4:15pm to 5:15pm: Senior Modern – for children approximately 10–12 years old (school Y5–Y7)
- 5:15pm to 6:00pm: Advanced Modern – for children approximately 13 years+ (school Y8)
Please note the above age ranges are approximate and ability and class numbers are also taken into consideration.
Dancing on Thursdays is all about having fun. There are no exams, but we do put on the occasional show for parents, relatives and friends at the end of term.
Dress: There is no uniform but children should be able to move freely in what they wear. No really smart clothes as we sometimes lie on the floor! Bare feet, trainers or soft dance shoes for Modern. For Tap, hard-soled school shoes with a low heel are absolutely fine. There are a small number of tap shoes available for lending and there is a good dance shop in Abingdon if you want to purchase your own.
Fees: These are paid termly and half a terms notice is required for anyone wishing to stop. Mini modern and tap are on a pay-as-you-dance basis at £1 per session, allowing for unpredictable energy levels in very young children!
About the Instructor: Lisa Buck has lived in Appleton for eleven years and has two daughters at Matthew Arnold School. Working as a Graphic Designer by day, teaching the dance classes is Lisa’s hobby and she has been running classes in Appleton for around nine years. Prior to that she ran classes in Cumnor for about eight years. As a child, she attended Ballet classes from four up to her early teens. From eleven she also attended Tap and Modern classes until she took over teaching them at the age of twenty!
For more information contact Lisa Buck on (01865) 861814 or email email@example.com