Carer's Forum: Oxfordshire
1. Carers Voice – we support Carers to have their voice heard and influence services by keeping the informed about changes, finding out what they think about them and making sure their views are passed on to those who can do something about them.
- Face to face meeting, workshops and consultations,
- In writing or by email,
- By networking with other carers and service providers.
Services and support for carers developed with the involvement of carers are better services.
2. Confidence 2 Care - is aimed at improving support for carers aged 18 and over. They can develop their caring knowledge and skills by taking part in free local group sessions.
Confidence 2 Care will:
- help build on your strengths as a carer
- give you the opportunity to share experiences and learn from others in similar situations
- provide you with up to date information about services available to you as a carer
- help you decide what you may like to change about your caring role
Confidence 2 Care consists of 5 free sessions each lasting 2.5 hours. The programme covers the following subjects:
- The essentials of caring for someone each day, from medication to emergencies at home.
- Information about up-to-date resources and services available to you as a carer and how to get the most out of them.
- Emotions involved in looking after someone. What strategies you use and what you could do to cope with stress more effectively.
- How your caring role fits with other aspects of your life and the balance between your caring commitments and other needs.
The final session will enable carers to discuss the opportunity of moving forward and developing their own group.
3. Telephone support and Signposting opportunities We provide a telephone support service on 01235 520440 between 09:00 and 16:00 daily. We also work in partnership with Carers Oxfordshire a newly established organisation in Oxfordshire who provide support to Carers who are new to the role or established carers when things have changed, they can also give benefits advice and support through home visits.
Michelle Evans Oxfordshire Carers Forum Charity No. 1032918 Tel: 01235 520440 Level 2, The Charter, Abingdon, Oxon, OX14 3LZ website www.oxoncarersforum.org.uk